Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Gentian


(Gentiana lutea) Part used: Root. Properties: Cholagogue, stomachic, tonic, anthelmintic. What it affects: Stomach, liver, blood, spleen and circulation.

Preparation and amount: Decoction: Simmer 5-15 min. Take 1/4 - 1 tsp. 3 times daily to 1/2 - 1 cup daily. Tincture: Take 1/2 - 2 tsp. 3 times daily. Fluid extract:  1/4 – 1/2 tsp. 3 times daily. Powder: Take 2-4 # capsules (10-30 grains) 3 times daily.

Purposes: Internally, gentian primarily works on the liver and stomach. Because it is a bitter tonic herb, it quickens intestinal action and tends to overcome slow digestion. It improves the appetite, increases digestion, and improves circulation. It is good for pancreatitis, female problems, slow urination, colds and gout.

Note: Because of its bitterness, combine gentian with aromatic herbs, such as ginger, peppermint sassafras, spearmint, or wood betony.

1 comment:

  1. Its a miracle that I am alive today. I encounter HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1/2) for good four (4) years, before I meet the great Dr.Favour I am patrickjames  from Fresno California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection cause by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blister in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for good four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in Fresno for treatment buat no improvement. I meet Dr.Favour online while I was searching for herpes cure I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life am now fully cured. kindly contacted Dr Favour via   WhatsApp  +2348028081669 or  email him on drfavour37@gmail.com i know there are lots of people out there suffering from various diseases and infections, why dont you contact dr Favour  today and get cured just as i did, Dr Favour brought peace and happiness back to my life and gave me a second chance to life and i will always testify about his good work.And here is my email address incase you wanna know more about this doctor, patrickjames1420 @gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...